Need ideas on how to kickstart the New Year in a healthy way? Here are some – including vegetarian/vegan meal delivery, great superfoods, meal planning, snacks, exercise, and more!
As always, this is not intended as medical advice and consult a professional as needed before adding supplements or changing your nutrition plan based on my thoughts in this article. There are affiliate links in this post, which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
No time to read now? Save these ideas for later on Pinterest by clicking here.
Meal Prep and/or Delivery
Whether it's actually sitting down and writing out a meal plan or deciding to invest in a meal delivery service, this hack will save you time and energy in the long run!
- Meal delivery companies
- Sakara Life – a plant based, gluten-free, meal delivery with fully prepared meals and delicious healthy snacks. Use code TRIALANDEATER to save 15% (read full review here).
- Daily Harvest – another vegan, gluten-free frozen option. Coupon TRIALANDEATER saves $25. (Full review linked here.)
- Splendid Spoon – plant-based smoothies, soups and grain bowls (see full review here).
- Veestro – plant based, with some gluten-free options, these meals are fully made and then come frozen to your home. All you have to do is heat them up! (See full review here.)
- SmoothieBox – get pre-portioned organic frozen fruits and veggies ready to blend into smoothies! (Full review linked here.)
- Sun Basket – they have vegetarian options as well as other meal options. (See full review here.)
- Home Chef – Similar to Sun Basket, they have vegetarian and other dietary plans. (See full review here.)
- Freshly – fully-prepared, ready to eat in 3 minute meals. They have about 4 vegetarian options per week.
- Gobble – This is one I haven't personally tried yet, but they are known for meals that you can make in 10 minutes!
- Mosaic has frozen vegetarian meals that are surprisingly fresh (check if they deliver to your state!).
- Purple Carrot does all the planning work for you, if you still want to do the cooking. Plant-based with gluten-free options.
- Hungry Root does meal planning a little differently. Answer a quick quiz on dietary preferences and they'll send you prepared groceries and quick recipes to make.
- Have a meal plan designed for you:
- with the help of Dinner Daily – this gives you the recipes and the shopping lists for your favorite grocery store. Cuts down on the time you need to plan! Try two weeks free with this link.
- or with PlateJoy – PlateJoy makes healthy eating easy- answer a few questions about your taste preferences, goals and time constraints, and then receive custom meal plans to simplify your life.
- Meal prep recipe ideas
- Breakfast: Some of the best ways to meal prep for the morning are making individual servings in jars or muffin-cups for the week – like overnight oats or muffin-size egg frittatas.
- Lunch meal prep ideas: Prepping salads in mason jars (dressing goes in first, at the bottom!), a non-greens salad like chickpea and avocado you can make in big batches
- Dinner meal prep ideas: Think big pots of soup you can customize for the week, planning sheet pan meals, and cooking grains and beans for a few days at a time.
Plan Healthier Snacks
- Vegan Cuts – this is a monthly vegan snack delivery, and such a fun way to try new brands. They support different animal sanctuaries each month, and they also have other boxes like chocolate, gluten-free, and even beauty. Their snack box includes 10+ snacks in each box. Save $5 with code TRIALANDEATER at checkout. (See full review here.)
- Thrive Market – if you haven't tried Thrive yet, you're missing out! They are an online marketplace for organic and natural foods and products, and somehow they score great deals at the same time. I like to order Nuttzo nut butters and other hard-to-find snacks here to save $$. (Save 25%, see full review + an example order here)
- Love with Food – this snack box includes 15+ natural and organic snacks each month. Click here to get 40% off your first box.
- Nature Box -NatureBox is a monthly membership that provides members savings of up to 40% on hundreds of carefully sourced and nutritionist-approved snacks. Members can order an unlimited variety of over 100 wholesome snacks with no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.
- Veganly Box – This is a new vegan snack box subscription similar to Vegan Cuts mentioned above, though they seem to have slightly fewer snacks per box than VeganCuts (8+). I haven't yet tried this one, but they also support animal sanctuaries.
- Skinny Dipped Almonds – I'm obsessed with the peanut butter flavor and since they are “skinny dipped” in chocolate, they have less sugar and somehow even more satisfying. Save 15% with code TRIALANDEATER15, and read the full review here.
- Sakara Life – in addition to having the meal delivery plan mentioned above, they have great healthy snacks available in their marketplace. My favorite are the detox bars (they have “blue majik” aka spirulina!) Remember to use code TRIALANDEATER to save 15%!
- Misfits Market – discounted organic produce delivery so you can have healthy snacks on hand all the time!
Add Superfoods To Your Day
Superfoods are simply foods that are especially nutrient-dense. I've been obsessed with all things superfoods this year and love discovering new favorites.
- Your Superfoods is the company that got me hooked on the term superfoods in the first place! Their mixes are super clean with no added sweeteners or fillers, and I'm loving their latest blends. Clean and ethically sourced, these are all vegan and gluten-free. Save with code TRIALANDEATER. (Full review here.)
- Superfood Shots – These little shot bottles include 1/2 your daily serving of fruits and veggies in just a couple sips! Code TRIALANDEATER will save you 50% on your first flex shipment plan.
- Four Sigmatic – these superfood mushroom blends are not just for the coffee drinker – they also have hot cacao blends, teas and protein powders. My latest favorite is the peanut butter protein. Save 10% with code TRIALANDEATER
- Beekeepers Naturals – This one is not for the vegans, though their products are keto and gluten-free. They have superfood items like propolis spray, royal jelly honey and more! Code TRIALANDEATER saves you 15%.
- Hamama – this grow-your-own microgreens kit is so fun and easy – and microgreens are a delicious superfood! Add to salads, sandwiches, soups, or really anywhere you'd add greens. Code TRIALANDEATER saves you 15%. (See full review here.)
Take Your Vitamins
We all need different vitamins are different times depending on our lifestyle, but there are certain ones that can benefit many of us.
- Seed is the best probiotic brand I've come across to date. They are super transparent with their research, what they put in their capsules and why, and the only one I know of that is a prebiotic and a probiotic together. Allergy free, vegan and gluten-free. Save 15% off your first month with code TRIALANDEATER (read full review here).
- Ritual multivitamins are a vegan and major allergen-free capsule that include only the “essentials” on what is commonly missing from our diet. I love that they have different formulations based on age, gender and life stage. Coupon TRIALANDEATER saves 15% here too. (Full review linked here.)
- Goli gummies have become super popular this year – the first organic and vegan apple cider vinegar gummy. If you've ever taken a shot of apple cider vinegar for the health benefits, this is a much better tasting alternative, and it also includes extra B vitamins and fruits for added benefit. I take these every day with my probiotic! Save with code TRIALANDEATER at checkout. (See full review here.)
Drink Better Water
Not only am I trying to drink more water in my day, I also just upgraded to the best water filter system – a Berkey filter! These systems can apparently clean any kind of water (even swamp water) which makes them great as part of an emergency kit too. I feel really good knowing I'm drinking the cleanest water I can drink. Save with code TRIALANDEATER at checkout.
I also recently got a Santevia mineralized water filter that I am trying out, that is a more affordable option and still a well-loved brand.
What are your favorite ways to live and eat healthy? Let me know!