This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. All opinions are my own.
A review of the superfood mixes from YourSuper.com! Skinny Protein, Energy Bomb, Forever Beautiful, Power Matcha, Chocolate Lover, Super Green, Muscle Power, Magic Mushroom, Mellow Yellow, Chocolate Protein, Vitamin C and Moon Balance were all formulated for a unique health concern. All vegan, plant-based gluten-free, non-GMO, certified organic and only a handful of essential ingredients. Read more about them and get an exclusive discount code here!
Ready to buy and don't need to see the review? My readers can use the code TRIALANDEATER at checkout to get a special 15% off their order at YourSuper.com! (affiliate link) Or you can save this for future reference to your “Buy later” board on Pinterest by clicking here.
First things first – for the grammar police, I do not mean to misspell “you are / you're” Super (even though YOU are!). Your Super is short for Your SuperFoods – a company that makes organic superfood mixes! I've tried almost all of their products now (they keep coming out with great new options) so I wanted to share my opinions and a special discount code!
What are superfoods?
Superfoods are simply foods that are nutrient-dense – high nutrients with minimal calories. Depending on the food, these nutrients could be vitamins, minerals and/or antioxidants.
The Background of Your Super
Your Super is a company that was started by a young couple in their early 20's, after Kristel's boyfriend Michael was diagnosed with cancer. Michael's recovery included cleaning up his diet to rebuild his immune system, and when they realized that certain superfoods were helping him feel better, they created these superfood mixes to share with the world!
Plant based and gluten-free, they were each formulated by holistic nutritionists for a specific health need.
Also, every purchase helps support the nonprofit Action Against Hunger, which helps feed children suffering from malnutrition.
The Your Super Products
- Forever Beautiful: loaded with beauty berries and omega 3 rich chia seeds, the antioxidants in this blend are meant to promote healthy skin and hair. My favorite mix to add to smoothies.
- 6 Ingredients: Organic Chia seeds, Organic Acerola Cherries, Organic Acai, Organic Blueberry Powder, Organic Maca and Organic Maqui berries.
- Energy Bomb: The name says it all – some people love to use this before a workout or as a coffee replacement in the morning! I still enjoy my coffee but I do notice I'm more energized after this.
- 5 Ingredients: Organic Acai Berry, Organic Guarana, Organic Maca, Organic Lucuma, Organic Banana Powder
- Skinny Protein: A mix of two vegan proteins ( 62% highly absorbable) with 3 green superfoods, and only 1.4g/ carbs/serving. I prefer this protein powder over the Muscle Power, but I like that there are options.
- 5 ingredients: Organic Pea Protein, Organic Hemp Protein, Organic Moringa, Organic Spirulina, Organic Alfafa Powder
- Power Matcha: Formulated for focus, brain power and productivity. Each serving equals one serving of greens and the caffeine of one cup of coffee! I'm not a big matcha fan but I mix this in with smoothies and still get the benefits.
- 5 Ingredients: Organic Matcha, Organic Maca, Organic Moringa, Organic Wheatgrass, Organic Barley Grass Powder
- Chocolate Lover: High in magnesium and zinc, great for a mood boost. I think this should be the biggest container! Obviously my favorite versatile superfood mix.
- 5 ingredients: Organic Cacao, Organic Carob, Organic Coconut, Organic Chia Seeds, Organic Lucuma Powder
- Super Green: Easy way to get your daily portion of greens and build your immunity. I definitely feel ultra healthy after a serving of this.
- 6 ingredients: Organic Wheatgrass, Organic Barley Grass, Organic Baobub, Organic Moringa, Organic Spirulina, Organic Chlorella Powder
- Muscle Power: Similar to the Skinny Protein above with the two vegan proteins (with rice protein instead of hemp protein) and 3 energizing superfoods instead of greens. 60% protein.
- 5 ingredients: Organic Rice Protein, Organic Pea Protein, Organic Maca, Organic Lucuma, Organic Banana Powder
- “Magic Mushroom” mix makes a mean hot cocoa! It has cacao, chaga, ashwaganda, reishi, lucuma and cinnamon.
- “Mellow Yellow” turmeric mix for less stress and inflammation. It's great for golden milk! Ingredients: Turmeric, ashwaganada, ginger, cinnamon, lucuma and pepper.
- Chocolate Protein – This is the only mix I haven't yet tried, but I've heard from others that it is similar to the Chocolate Lovers mix without the chia seeds. It has a stronger cacao taste.
Vitamin C Boost – this little packet comes loaded with over 500 mg of vitamin C. The powder tends to get clumpy (remember, no preservatives!) but I usually just add it to smoothies and it blends fine. If you want it to dissolve in water, it helps to let it sit and dissolve for longer (20-30 minutes). It tastes kind of orange-y.
Moon Balance– this one was formulated for hormones and can help reduce symptoms of hormonal mood swings! It's their latest release. The taste is like a tart lemonade. 6 Organic Ingredients: Baobab (from Ghana), Maca (from Peru), Hibiscus (from Egypt), Amla Berry (from India), Beetroot (from Canada), Shatavari (from India).
What should you order?
This depends on what your needs are, but they offer quit a few bundle options to help get you started based on your health goal. My personal favorite mixes are Forever Beautiful, Skinny Protein, and Magic Mushroom as these are the most versatile for me, but it really depends on what I need each day.
Their most popular bundle is the Detox bundle, which now includes 4 mixes (Forever Beautiful, Mellow Yellow, Skinny Protein and Super Green), plus a detox guide with 35+ recipes and a starter pack of travel size packets. Many people use these recipes to kickstart a 5-day detox with the help of the guide and the support group.
If you want to try most of their options, try the Ultimate Health Bundle, which currently includes 8 of the above mixes (Mellow Yellow, Super Green, Forever Beautiful, Power Matcha, Energy Bomb, Chocolate Lover, Muscle Power, Skinny Protein) plus recipes booklets to help you use the mixes.
Looking for an immune boost? The Immunity bundle includes 4 mixes for this purpose: Super Green, Forever Beautiful, Mellow Yellow and Magic Mushroom.
If you're here just for the protein, you can also snag the Plant Protein bundle with all 3 of their current protein offerings.
Perhaps you travel a lot? Their handy travel packets, are perfect for when you're on the road! Considering how much I've been traveling this year, they really are useful.
On any of these products, you can use the code TRIALANDEATER at checkout to get a special 15% off your order at YourSuper.com! OR if you sign up for the subscription, you'll get 20% off (no coupon needed for subscriptions).
How to Eat the Your Super Food Mixes
They say you can add them to any drink, including straight water – but as much as I love these mixes, I would not recommend them with plain water (except maybe the Forever Beautiful, which is mostly berries)! They are great for adding superpowers to your smoothies, and the flavors blend in much better. I don't think these were made to taste super delicious on their own, but instead to be used as more of a boost to existing foods or drinks.
The exception would be the Matcha – that would be great with milk + a little sweetener!
Some of the mixes you can even sprinkle over food! Start small to make sure you don't over-do it, and the ones I would suggest for food are: skinny protein or muscle power in something savory like hummus or protein pancakes and chocolate lover for desserts!
And like I mentioned above, the new Magic Mushroom makes a great hot cocoa and Mellow Yellow is perfect for golden milk latte to wind down at night.
Some smoothie recipes to consider adding these superfood mixes to:
Review Summary of Your Super
I love that Your Super mixes all have only the necessary ingredients and are certified organic, non-GMO, plant-based (vegan) and gluten-free, free of additives and preservatives, 100% natural. Their ingredients are all sourced from small suppliers or directly from farmers and are lab-tested to ensure the highest quality.
I especially love that they don't have any sweeteners in them, as many protein powders have alternative sugars that I can't have like stevia. Only the necessary ingredients here!
These all make me feel super healthy and helps me feel better knowing that I'm doing something good for my body.
The packaging is also sustainable and from recycled materials!
Coupon Code for 15% OFF Any Order at Your Super
My readers can use the code TRIALANDEATER at checkout to get a special 15% off their order at YourSuper.com! (affiliate)
Which one will you try first?! Let me know on Instagram by tagging me @trialandeater or #trialandeater!