Pineapple Jalapeño Guacamole is a tropical spin on this favorite appetizer dip. Great for summer gatherings, cookouts and all snacking! Serve this vegan and gluten-free spread with corn chips, crackers or veggies.
Do you like fruit in your food?
I don’t know how else to phrase that question, but do you know what I mean? Some people only like fruit on its own.
For those of you who don’t care for the idea of it mixed in with your guac, I’ve already shared with you what I dubbed the “best ever guacamole” recipe.
This one comes with just a few tweaks!
My cousin Katherine and I share a love for pineapple and jalapeño pizza, and she is the person who told me about a guacamole version like this at Aldi’s.
I don’t know how I never thought of it before, but thank you Kat for inspiring me to make this!
I basically replaced the tomato in the “best ever” version with the pineapple, and added more jalapeños than usual.
As always, adjust to your taste buds!
Sizes for avocados, limes, and jalapeños all vary – as do personal preferences. So keep this in mind when mixing all the ingredients together if something seems too much or not enough.
When making a bowl of guacamole just for me, I usually add more lime juice and most of the mix-ins. I like a little extra crunch from onion in every bite.
I did not go as far as to serve it in the pineapple (like I tried with that smoothie) but how cute would that be for a party?
Tell me if you like fruit in your guacamole, and what else you love to eat fruit with in the comments!
- 3 medium avocados *see notes
- 1 lime
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (plus 1/2 cup for topping if desired)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, diced (more or less to desired spice level)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional for extra spicy-ness)
- Add avocados and lime juice to a medium bowl and mash with a fork to desired consistency. Mix in the chopped pineapple, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and cumin.
- Add salt (and more lime juice if necessary) to taste, and top with more pineapple and a pinch of cayenne pepper if using.
- Best served immediately. Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
Sizes for avocados, limes, and jalapeños all vary - as do personal preferences. So keep this in mind when mixing all the ingredients together if something seems too much or not enough.
- My 3 medium-sized avocados (about 7 ounces each) made about 1 & 1/2 cups mashed.
- I like extra lime juice in my guacamole but it's good to start small with 1/2 a lime at a time, and tasting as you go.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.
My favorite knife, an avocado slicer, and a masher can all be found in the Trial and Eater amazon shop!