Blueberry banana bread – double the fruit and double the deliciousness! All the sweet slices will be gone before you know it.
Have you ever put blueberries in banana bread?
I was inspired to try it from this recipe over at Oh My Veggies.
Her recipe is vegan, and while I wasn’t yet feeling that adventurous, I did think that adding blueberries was a great idea.
I know I said I was not prepared to feed my visiting family members the other weekend, but I did plan enough to at least make this bread ahead of time.
Though this would probably be a good side for any meal, it is probably best paired with brunch since it is a sweet bread.
Blueberries are in season, so I’m trying to find ways to use them in everything – smoothies, salads, and now even bread. I just can’t get enough blueberries.
I LOVED the extra fruit in this bread. My recipe added 1 cup of blueberries, but there’s room for you to add even more than that if you wanted extra flavor.
I also added a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, which is optional, but does give it a nice extra flavor.
Banana bread always takes longer to bake because of the texture, but it’s worth the wait!
I baked at 350F for about 70 minutes.
A lot of times I see a glaze added to banana bread, but I don’t think this recipe needs one. It’s sweet enough to eat without glaze, because this is recipe certainly isn’t plain!
What else do you like to add to your banana bread?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash ripe bananas with a fork. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in sugar and melted butter, and cinnamon if using.
- Slowly add in flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spray a bread pan with oil and pour in batter.
- Bake at 350F for 65-75 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recommended and useful items for this blueberry banana bread recipe:
My favorite baking dishes + cinnamon are available in the Trial and Eater amazon store!
*There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you (known as affiliate links).