Butternut Squash and Veggie Bake – ready in under 30 minutes, loaded with vegetables, topped with cheese and served with tortilla chips. Option to spice it up with jalapeno and hot sauce. Dinner is served!
This is a meal prepared in 30 minutes and takes only one pan! Cast iron cooking is some of my favorite.
Save even more time by buying butternut squash already cubed.
Saute the squash and cumin for 10 minutes or so, then mix in black beans, corn, and a tomato.
Squeeze some lime juice in there.
Top with your favorite cheese and dig in.
Serving with tortilla chips is optional but works really well.
If you want to make it spicy (you saw that coming if you know me!) throw some sliced jalapeno in with the veggies, and/or serve with hot sauce/sriracha.
I seriously can't get enough of this dish.
Super easy, delicious and healthy! Clean up is a breeze too.
Recommended and useful items for this butternut squash and veggie bake recipe:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15-oz. can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 1/2 lime , juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Heat oil in medium cast iron skillet. Add butternut squash and cumin, and stir-fry over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add black beans, corn and tomato and stir together for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add lime juice, salt and pepper (to taste) and stir together.
- Add shredded cheese on top of vegetables. Turn on oven to high broil, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cheese browns.
- Serve hot, with tortilla chips.
If you like it spicy, feel free to add a diced jalapeno in with the veggies and/or sriracha sauce for serving.
Like this recipe? You may also like this butternut squash quinoa casserole.
*There are affiliate links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support the site!