Skinny Bang Bang Cauliflower – a lightened up version of bang bang sauce, paired with oven baked cauliflower florets. Spicy, delicious, and healthy!
I keep wanting to type “skinny” twice here – Skinny Skinny Bang Bang Cauliflower – and I finally realized it's because I was thinking of “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.”
Skinny Skinny Bang Bang.
I'm pretty sure I've never even seen that movie! Just thought I'd share some behind-the-scenes thoughts, you're welcome.
Anyway, if you've ever had Bang Bang Shrimp (mostly from Bonefish Grill though I've heard of it at other places) you're familiar with the addicting sauce.
I made a lighter version of the sauce with greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise because, well that's what I do here.
Gotta make things healthy when you can so we can indulge a little on things like tiramisu dip and baked brie, you know?
The idea for bang bang cauliflower is not a new one – I don't know who originally came up with it but I got it from Kirbie's Cravings.
You just need half a head of cauliflower, dipped into a bowl of 2 eggs, and 1 cup of panko bread crumbs to roll in (gluten-free panko if necessary). Have a little extra panko on hand in case you run out, though 1 cup was just enough for me.
Whip up the sauce while the cauliflower is baking. You can choose to use as a dipping sauce or pour it all over everything.
If you don't want to be stuck with the other half a head of cauliflower, either double the recipe or use the other half to try this turmeric cauliflower recipe.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets/pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- skinny bang bang sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs together. In another small bowl, put in panko bread crumbs.
- Dip cauliflower pieces into egg and then roll in panko until covered. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Make the bang bang sauce while cauliflower is cooking. Use as a dipping sauce or cover the cauliflower pieces once out of the oven. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Kirbie's Cravings *To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten free panko.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.