Tiramisu Dip. For those times you’re feeling fancy but only have 5 minutes. Quick & easy fix for tiramisu lovers!
My dear friend Lauren loves tiramisu.
Every year I think about making it for her for her birthday, and for one reason or another it never happens.
Either I can’t find lady fingers, she’s currently in a phase of not eating chocolate or caffeine, or I simply get overwhelmed and feel tiramisu is too complicated. (Her birthday is right around Thanksgiving after all, so there’s usually a lot of cooking already happening.)
This year however, I found a solution! Tiramisu dip.
When I saw this recipe over on Chrisy’s blog, it looked like the perfect solution to my problems. Short ingredient list and only takes 5 minutes? No need for coffee or soaking or hours of waiting? Sign me up.
It calls for just a bit of kahlua, which just so happened that I had a tiny amount sitting in my fridge that I had no idea what to do with. Then right afterwards I found lady fingers at Trader Joe’s, so the universe was basically telling me I had to make this.
I thought it was good, but since I’m not a huge tiramisu fan so I knew I had to wait for Lauren’s blessing before it was deemed blog-worthy. After the first bite, she agreed it definitely is!
Serve with lady fingers if you can find ’em, or we also discovered it is delicious with cinnamon sugar pita chips. Use what you’ve got.
The original recipe says it’s 8 servings but 4 of us cleaned this up pretty good. To be safe, you might want to call it a date night dessert for 2. (Or put it all in one bowl and call it a single serving. I won’t judge.)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kahlua, (adjust according to desired coffee flavor - recommended between 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon)
- unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder for topping
- lady fingers or cinnamon sugar pita chips for dipping
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip together mascarpone cheese with a hand mixer for a minute or two until softened. Add whipping cream, sugar and kahlua and mix for another couple minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour in individual bowls and dust cacao (or cocoa) powder on top.
- Serve with lady fingers or cinnamon sugar pita chips.
Recipe modified from Homemade Hooplah
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 863Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 38gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 192mgSodium: 561mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 5gSugar: 55gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.