Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Halves – a unique way to bake cauliflower and a colorful + flavorful side.
Many of the recipes I make are not pre-planned, but actually result from leftover ingredients that I need to figure out how to use.
I buy cauliflower often and since I only have time for so many cauliflower pizza‘s I am always looking for simple ways to use it up.
Turmeric is one of those spices that I know is super good for you (it's known for it's anti-inflammatory properties), so I settled on a mixture of turmeric + cumin + garlic for this roast.
(If you're interested in reading about turmeric's health benefits, I found this site to be interesting – and it even talks specifically about the benefits of cauliflower paired with turmeric!)
All you need to do is mix some olive oil with spices together in a bowl, and drizzle on top of a halved cauliflower. I added a bit more olive oil on top of that to make sure the whole thing was covered before baking. A pastry brush is a helpful tool for this.
An obvious but necessary note here: if you don't like the taste of turmeric, you won't like this recipe. But if you do or at least want to give it a try, this is a great side dish recipe to spice and color up any meal!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in half with stem cut off
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices, garlic and olive oil. Drizzle over cauliflower halves as evenly as possible, and drizzle more olive oil as needed directly on top to make sure it is covered. (Note: a pastry brush is a helpful tool for this.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until knife slides in easily.
- Cut into smaller pieces and serve warm as a veggie side dish.
Serving Size:1/8 cauliflower
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.