Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Halves – a unique way to bake cauliflower and a colorful + flavorful side.
Many of the recipes I make are not pre-planned, but actually result from leftover ingredients that I need to figure out how to use. I buy cauliflower often and since I only have time for so many cauliflower pizza‘s I am always looking for simple ways to use it up.
Turmeric is one of those spices that I know is super good for you but I don't get a chance to use often, so I settled on a mixture of turmeric + cumin + garlic for this roast.
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and associated with reduced risk for many diseases and cancers. I'll let you do the reading if you're interested, I found this site and this site to be very interesting (and the first one even talks about the benefits of cauliflower specifically with turmeric!).
I just mixed the olive oil with spices together in a bowl, and drizzled on top of a halved cauliflower. I added a bit more olive oil on top of that to make sure the whole thing was covered before baking. A pastry brush is a helpful tool for this.
An obvious but necessary note here: if you don't like the taste of turmeric, you won't like this recipe. But if you do or at least want to give it a try, this is a great side dish recipe to spice and color up any meal!
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Halves
- 1 head cauliflower (stem cut off, halved)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil , plus more as needed for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven for 400°F
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices, garlic and olive oil. Drizzle over cauliflower halves as evenly as possible, and drizzle more olive oil as needed directly on top to make sure it is covered. (Note: a pastry brush is a helpful tool for this.) Top with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until knife slides in easily.
- Cut into smaller pieces and serve warm.