A vegetarian breakfast pita wrap that can be made in 5 minutes and is full of protein, fiber and flavor. A hot, quick breakfast idea that can be made even on busy mornings!
Can I be honest? This wasn’t even a planned post.
I made this because I was STARVING and needing something QUICK.
Therefore had no patience for pictures.
But I’ve been in the habit of photographing things for the heck of it, so I ended up with a couple (albeit messy) snapshots of this meal.
When I thought about it, I remembered how often I get asked “What can I eat for breakfast?” For new and veteran vegetarians, apparently a meatless breakfast can be difficult.
So in the hopes this gives at least one of you an idea for breakfast that isn’t oatmeal, here you go.
As long as you have five minutes and a few basic ingredients, you’re good to go.
Two eggs: whatever style you like. I did one sunny side up and one scrambled, because I’m a rebel like that.
PRO TIP: Toast the pita wrap first. But if you’re short on time, it’s not necessary.
Toss in the eggs, a small handful of cherry tomatoes, and a half an avocado.
- hot sauce
- coconut “bacon“
- sauteed veggies (scramble with the egg if you like)
Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and you’re good to go.
What are your favorite quick breakfasts?
- 1 whole-wheat pita (toasted if desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 avocado
- small handful cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, add a little olive oil and cook your eggs in desired style (I did one scrambled and one sunny-side-up).
- Either cut pita in half to fill the middle, or add on top of pita to make a wrap: Top with eggs, avocado, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Optional add-ins: coconut "bacon", hot sauce, sauteed veggies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 327mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g