Overnight Blueberry Cheesecake French Toast is just as amazing as it sounds! It’s made with croissants instead of bread and will be a hit at your brunch table.
Blueberry. Cheesecake. French. Toast.
As much as I want to, I can’t take credit for this recipe. This was served at my bed & breakfast experience in Asheville and the chef was kind enough to give me her recipe.
(Also check out the puff pastry asparagus cigars!)
When I found out this french toast was made from CROISSANTS I couldn’t believe I had never heard of such a thing.
Literally I’m surprised I even had a second to take a few phone shots in between stuffing my face.
One day, I will remake this recipe and take more extensive photos for you guys!
But for the time being I can’t trust myself to make this recipe all for myself. Next time I have a brunch party, perhaps. In the meantime, I will simply have to relive the experience through these couple snapshots.
Note that you do need to make it the night before, to give the croissants time to soak up all the liquid. WORTH IT!
Other French Toast Recipes:
- 6 large croissants, , cut into cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 12 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup, for serving
- powdered sugar, for serving (optional)
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and layer half the cubed croissants in the dish.
- With a hand mixer, combine sugar, cream cheese and lemon zest.
- Drop creamed cheese mixture by the spoonful over bread, reserving a small portion to drop on the top.
- Add blueberries on top, reserving a small portion to drop on the top.
- Cover with remaining croissants, cream cheese and blueberries.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla till combined, and pour over bread.
- Press bread with spatula to help soak up mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 to 50 mins.
- Serve warm with pure maple syrup and powdered sugar.
- If using frozen blueberries, it helps to toss them in a bit of flour before adding to mixture so it doesn't all turn blue!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 216mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.