Asparagus Puff Pastry Cigars make a cute and delicious finger food appetizer for your next party or game night!
This is the second recipe from the chef of my Carolina Bed & Breakfast stay!
(See also: Blueberry Cheesecake French Toast!)
These would be a great vegetarian appetizer for any party that requires finger foods. You can use frozen puff pastry or even a homemade version if you're feeling fancy!
- 5 ounces puff pastry
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- zest from 1 lemon
- flour, for dusting
- salt and pepper
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Blend cream cheese with lemon zest. Roll the puff pastry out on a floured surface into a 6in x 10in rectangle and spread the cream cheese over. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into 10 long, thin strips.
- Wrap one pastry strip in a spiral around each asparagus spear and place onto a baking tray. Lightly brush each with beaten egg and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake the cigars in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry has risen and is golden-brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.