Greek Quinoa Salad. A healthy and easy dinner with a mediterranean spin. Vegetarian and gluten-free meal or appetizer for everyone to love. Can throw together in 20 minutes, great for making ahead or adding to your meal-prep rotation.
Believe it or not, this salad was my first time eating quinoa.
I thought it was one of those weird things that only super healthy people ate, and that I probably wouldn't like it.
I don't know what got into me this day, but I bought some quinoa and gave it a shot. Because that's what this blog is all about.
And, I was wrong. (I don't say that often!) I really liked it.
Maybe I'm actually a super healthy person??
One thing I learned is to be sure to rinse the quinoa before cooking to remove the coating. Otherwise it can make it taste bitter.
After the quinoa is cooked, add your favorite veggies.
I used cucumbers, red pepper, kalamata olives (no pits!), and onion.
And of course any good salad has cheese.
Topped off with parsley, fresh pepper and cumin.
Throw it all together and you've got yourself a yummy quinoa salad.
The cumin was the best addition to this, it really made the flavors pop. Cumin has turned into one of my favorite and most versatile spices.
What I liked about this salad was that it didn't take that much time to make, and it kept well in the fridge for about a week.
It would be a great dinner if you don't have a lot of time or want to cook ahead or meal-prep.
Recommended and useful items for this greek quinoa salad recipe:
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa (plus 2 cups water = 3 cups cooked)
- 1/2 medium cucumber (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In separate bowl, chop the cucumber, red bell pepper, kalamata olives and parsley. Mix in the olive oil, feta, and cumin.
- Add cooked quinoa to the rest of ingredients. Top off with fresh pepper.
*There are affiliate links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support the site!