Glazed honey rolls are an extra decadent way to prepare dinner rolls for a sweet treat or special side dish for family dinner.
Any type of rolls are my favorite type of rolls, but these sweet rolls are amazing.
You can serve them with a dinner (something with veggies, because balance) or even dessert! Glazed honey just makes them sound that much more decadant.
I didn’t have a cooking thermometer handy, so I let it cool for a few minutes after heating on the oven.
Ideal temperature for the yeast is 115-120 degrees Fahrenheit.
The rolls will need to rise twice, the first time for an hour ..
..and then again after separating into balls for an additional 30 minutes.
The glaze can just be heated in the microwave.
And then poured on top of the rolls before baking.
The glaze might end up on the bottom of the pan if you use a 9 inch round baking dish like I did in the picture, so you can use a smaller dish if available.
Though the rolls do rise a little more in the oven and will soak up the glaze one way or another!
Mmm fresh out of the oven.
Glazed Honey Rolls
Glazed honey rolls - an extra decadent way to prepare dinner rolls for a sweet treat or special side.
For the Rolls
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast, (1 packet)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk, (save the egg white for the glaze)
For the glaze
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
- Combine 2 cups flour and the yeast in mixer.
- On the stovetop, in a separate pot combine milk, oil, honey and salt and heat to 115 - 120 degrees F
- Add warm liquids to flour mixture, and beat until combined. Add egg and egg yolk.
- Add the rest of the flour until dough is just slightly sticky.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 3 minutes. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Separate dough into 24 balls and place in two 8x8 inch pans. Cover and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients in bowl. Brush or pour glaze mixture over rolls in pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Adapted from The Frugal Girl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.
Sunday 13th of October 2013
Who needs Wheat Belly!?!