Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a delicious treat. Just enough pumpkin flavor in this chewy dessert!
As you may be able to tell, I’ve been on a bit of a pumpkin kick lately.
I bought about 8 cans from Trader Joe’s and I’ve been trying to figure out things to make with them so I can have a reason to go back and buy more. Does that sound crazy? Maybe a little bit pumpkin-crazy. But I’m okay with that.
What better way to use up ingredients than by making cookies? I’m a big fan of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so I thought I would just add some pumpkin to them.
It makes it feel slightly healthier with the oatmeal, which is maybe why I’ve felt the need to eat a dozen or so before I could even sit down to write about it. Yum.
I had to bring them to work just so I wouldn’t eat all 4 dozen by myself. They didn’t last long at work, either. I think I increased my popularity among my coworkers for sure!
Any pumpkin dough will be pretty sticky, so I recommend using a cookie dough scoop for these.
With each batch, I added a bit of time to the cooking timer, and I think the best was about 20-22 minutes. Though you may want to experiment with longer times if you prefer them a little crispy (these were pretty soft, which is the way I like them).
These would go great with some homemade pumpkin spice latte‘s, don’t you think?!
- 1 cup butter, (2 sticks), melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, , packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips, (mini chocolate chips work best)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together melted butter, sugars, and egg.
- Mix in pumpkin, vanilla and spices.
- Add oats, flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be sticky. Use a cookie scoop to place on baking pan. Cook in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies. Can store in airtight container on counter or in the refrigerator for lasting freshness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.