Peanut butter cup cookies – a delicious cookie with mini peanut butter cups baked in! Best served with a tall glass of chocolate milk.
I’m pretty sure I could live off just peanut butter.
Peanut butter and chocolate.
Trader Joe’s has these mini peanut butter cups that I only let myself buy like once a year because they are so dangerously good.
They are so tiny I would say probably 3 of them equal a mini Reese’s cup.
Also, because they are so mini, they trick you into thinking you can eat 100 of them.
If you can’t find these tiny ones, any size peanut butter cup will do, just make the cookies bigger if you need to.
But if you’re sticking with these mini ones, about 3 fit on an average size cookie. So really, by making these cookies, I’m moderating my intake.
See guys, I’m smart.
A cookie scooper help me not go overboard with cookie size, but you can definitely make these bigger if you want.
1-3 peanut butter cups for a smallish cookie.
But really, more is obviously better.
I think I ate too many peanut butter cups while I was waiting for these to finish baking, so I thought they tasted better the next day.
Refrigerating them made them a little too hard for my taste, though you probably don’t have to worry about them going bad before you can eat them. I couldn’t keep people away from these cookies.
Because of these, I have a few more friends at work now! Go make some!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, (smooth)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave. In a large mixing bowl, add sugars, egg and melted butters together and mix well. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. Add gradually to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Add mini peanut butter cups as desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.