Spinach and Mushroom Bowtie Pasta. Vegan one-pot meal ready in less than 30 minutes!
Sometimes I have so many things I'd like to cook, but the thought of doing dishes afterwards stops me from cooking anything.
Does anyone else have that problem? If I had a full-time dish-washer maybe that would help. But until that happens, I'm going to start to post more one-pot meals on here.
I was a little skeptical of one-pot pasta meals, because I wasn't sure how the pasta would be fully cooked. As long as you have enough liquid/steam it works just fine!
I had plenty of mushrooms and spinach on hand, which is why I chose those veggies for the dish. But you can use a variety of veggies to suit your preferences.
Remember that spinach cooks down a TON so you can always add more.
Just saute the veggies in a little bit of oil (I used coconut oil), then add pasta, water and diced tomatoes to the same pot.
After cooking I like to add a little olive oil so it's not as dry.
Top off with seasonings and some salt and you have dinner!
As with most of the recipes on this site, you can adjust things to your preference. Veggies and spices are awaiting your creativity.
I preferred the pasta with Italian Seasoning but also enjoyed it with thyme.
You might want to sprinkle a little additional on each serving to make sure everybody gets some!
I think I like this one-pot meal thing.
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms (about 2.5 cups), sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 oz. fresh baby spinach (can use more if desired, spinach cooks down a lot!)
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water, (additional)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme or italian seasoning
- olive oil, optional
- salt, to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and stir until softened for a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and the spinach and stir until cooked down, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, diced tomatoes, and remaining water. Let boil until pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, drizzle with olive oil if using. Add seasoning and salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.