Lemon Garlic Hummus is a quick and easy, vegan and gluten-free snack dip for all your favorite crackers or veggies!
You may remember this lemon garlic hummus from these delicious lettuce wraps, but there are a couple extra toppings if you want to serve as a dip!
The thing with flavoring hummus is that sometimes you feel like a lot of flavor, and sometimes not so much. So I recommend starting with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 cloves are garlic and then tasting to see if you want more.
It only takes a minute to blend everything up in the food processor!
This is where you should give it a taste and see if you want a stronger lemon or garlic flavor, or maybe a pinch more salt.
Once you finish that, scoop it all in a bowl.
Adding more olive oil as garnish always seems to make people want to dive right in!
Since cumin is my favorite spice, it's no surprise I added it here too.
AND, as long as you have organic lemons, you can grate some of the zest on top too.
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- grated organic lemon zest, optional for garnish
- In a food processor, add rinsed garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, tahini and salt and blend until smooth.
- Taste and see if you would like to add more lemon juice (or garlic).
- Garnish with more olive oil, lemon rind, and cumin.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 439mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.