Stove-Top Creamy and Spicy Hot Corn Dip makes a great appetizer for parties or game day. 6 ingredients and ready in 15 minutes. Addicting and delicious!
Years ago at a beach weekend, someone made a hot corn dip in a slow cooker.
It seemed weird to me at the time to be eating a hot appetizer while sitting on the beach – but then I tried it.
I never used to be a big fan of corn, but I'm pretty sure I can credit this dip for changing that.
All I knew about that recipe was there was green chiles and cream cheese involved.
Then corn (obviously), a jalapeno for a kick, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Beyond that, you can get as creative as you want with additions or toppings.
I like to add a little fresh ground pepper to finish it off, but you could also add fresh herbs (like parsley), paprika, or hot sauce if you really like it spicy.
You can totally make this in a slow cooker too (just throw all the ingredients and stir every once in a while until melted) but I chose a quick stove-top version.
An 8 inch skillet pan will be JUST big enough to fit the listed ingredients, but if you're a messy stirrer or want to double it, you'll need to go for a bigger pan.
This recipe makes about 4 cups – which I SAY is 8 servings at 1/2 cup each.
Though I can almost guarantee you're going to want more than 1/2 cup.
So. freakin'. addicting.
You've been warned.
Spicy Hot Corn Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3 cups corn , fresh (about 4 cobs) or canned (2 cans, drained)
- 4 oz. can of fire roasted diced green chiles
- 1 jalapeno , diced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- black pepper
- In a cast iron skillet (at least 8 inches) melt butter and cream cheese over medium heat and stir until smooth.
- Add in corn, green chiles and jalapeno and stir to combine.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until fully melted.
- Season with a sprinkle of black pepper and serve hot with tortilla chips!
Recommended and useful items for this creamy and spicy hot corn dip recipe:
*There are affiliate links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support the site!