Sweet Chili Cream Cheese Dip. A super easy, 4 ingredient cheese ball appetizer that is perfect for a party snack or shareable dip. Sweet and spicy and delicious!
One of my favorite Trader Joe's items is their sweet chili sauce. Have you tried it?
It's the perfect balance of sweet with something spicy (like jalapeno's).
And when I last restocked, I happened to read the back of the bottle which points out that it makes for a great hors d'oeuvres. Just pour over cream cheese and serve with crackers.
So that's what I did!
If you don't live near a Trader Joe's, I've included a link to the sauce below the recipe. There are other sweet chili sauces around that are good too, just make sure it's a Thai sweet chili sauce and not a BBQ sauce.
Except obviously I had to add in jalapeno chili peppers too.
I also tried mixing in spices to the cream cheese (like onion powder or chives), but I found my favorite combo with the jalapeno and sweet chili sauce was just a little green onion.
If you're counting, that means it's only 4 ingredients!
Pour as much of that sauce as you like. You'll probably want to top off as people start to dig in too.
TIP: for a party or even more than 3 people, you're probably going to want to double this.
I'm going to say this is 4-6 servings as a casual dip but that doesn't mean one person can't eat the whole thing!
It's like my hot corn dip, once you pop (dip?) you can't stop.
Even at 5am as I'm writing this (hello, insomnia) I'm remembering how good this combo is and the pictures are making me hungry all over again.
Cheese ball for breakfast, anyone?
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (seeds removed if you want less heat)
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (or more as needed)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, chopped green onion and jalapeno (reserving a couple tablespoons of jalapeno for topping).
- Form cream cheese mixture into a ball and cover with remaining jalapeno pieces.
- If making ahead, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When ready to serve, top with sweet chili sauce as desired.
- Serve with crackers or assorted veggies.
*The jalapeno I used was small-medium, yielding 6 tablespoons.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.