Mini Sweet Pepper Bites with Brie and Sun Dried Tomatoes. A quick vegetarian appetizer or party finger food with only 3 ingredients.
Flash back to last week: I’m making a ton of food for a dinner party and trying to use up all my fresh produce in the process before I go out of town.
As I’ve said before, I tend to over-buy produce so this was a lofty goal.
My original idea was to make these mini sweet peppers stuffed with cream cheese, and make them like jalapeno poppers. But sweet pepper poppers.
Say that 5 times fast.
Then I realized my cream cheese was bad.
Scratch the sweet pepper popper idea.
Since I was trying to get through the cooking day without running to the store (and I succeeded!) I had to change course.
I decided to combine the sweet pepper idea with another appetizer I was planning on making, which happened to be a brie and sun-dried tomato dip.
3-ingredient finger food for the win!
Cut off the tops of your sweet peppers, and cut in half lengthwise.
I actually left some peppers uncut and stuffed them that way, but it’s not as pretty.
Thin slices of brie cheese will fit in the grooves of the sweet peppers.
I sprinkled the sun-dried tomatoes on after baking, but if you put them on top of the cheese before baking they will stick better!
Sun dried tomatoes were a total impulse buy at my last Trader Joe’s run. This may have been the first time ever to buy that item. #meanttobe
Recommended and useful items for this mini sweet pepper bites with brie cheese recipe:
- 1 lb. mini sweet peppers (about 20 mini peppers)
- 1/2 lb. brie cheese
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut tops off sweet peppers, slice in half (lengthwise) and remove seeds. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Slice brie cheese into small strips (avoiding the rind works best) and set on top of sweet peppers (like a boat).
- Sprinkle sun dried tomatoes on before baking to stick to cheese (or after baking as garnish).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
If you like this recipe, try these other baked brie recipes:
*There are affiliate links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support the site!