Indulge a little with this Baked Brie with Sweet Hot Pepper Jelly and Pear. Hot and sweet, creamy with a little crunch and a whole lot of deliciousness. Served as an appetizer or dessert, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Some days, I eat cauliflower – but today, I eat brie. Life’s about balance.
I’ve been loving sweet and spicy foods together lately, so one of my recent impulse buys at Trader Joe’s was sweet hot pepper jelly. You might be thinking “jelly and pear, really?” but I promise, it works.
Start by cutting your brie wedge in half widthwise. You can use a brie cheese wheel too, but you might need extra dough to cover it completely. Spread a layer of the jelly, sprinkle some pear, and sandwich the cheese together.
Wrap it up good and tight so the cheese doesn’t leak out in the oven.
Serve with extra pear slices, and probably forks. And/or napkins. This is a messy one. I topped it off with more jelly when it came out of the oven so it obviously made it sticky, and my cheese knife was necessary.
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 1 brie wedge
- sweet hot pepper jelly
- 1 pear diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- On a baking sheet, put down a layer of parchment paper. Unroll the crescent roll package and put on the baking sheet. Put cheese in center of dough.
- Cut your brie wedge in half widthwise (think like you are making a sandwich).
- On the bottom slice of cheese, spread a layer of sweet hot pepper jelly and sprinkle some of the diced pear on top. Sandwich together with the other slice of cheese on top. Top with more sweet hot pepper jelly.
- Wrap the cheese completely with the crescent dough.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until dough is browned.
- Serve warm with extra pear.
*There are affiliate links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support the site!