Soba Noodles with Lemon Sesame Sugar Snap Peas are packed with protein, fiber and flavor! Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Sugar snap peas! We've talked about them before.
This time, we're making them a meal!
That's not spaghetti though – those are soba noodles! Have you tried?
What are soba noodles, you ask?
They are Japanese buckwheat noodles that are normally gluten-free (though sometimes mixed with another wheat flour) and can be eaten hot or cold.
Soba noodles are good sources of fiber and protein, as are sugar snap peas.
They also cook pretty fast and are a yummy alternative to spaghetti!
All you have to do is boil the soba noodles (usually 5-7 minutes, check your package!), stir-fry the sugar snap peas for a quick 2-3 minutes, and top with flavorings.
In this case, I used the same lemon + sesame seed combination.
What to use for a sauce / dressing?
I like adding soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free), or even peanut sauce! Plus more sesame seeds.
Then you've got yourself a meal that basically came together in 10 minutes. You're welcome.
Where to buy soba noodles?
Many grocery stores will have them in their international aisle.
I've also linked them in the recipe notes where to get them online!
- 3 ounces soba noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or plain sesame oil)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas (stems trimmed if necessary)
- 1 organic lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- soy sauce, tamari sauce or peanut sauce, for serving
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions (usually 5-7 minutes in boiling water), drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add oil to a skillet and turn on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add sugar snap peas and lightly cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat.
- Add peas to cooked soba noodles, and sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon zest and sesame seeds. Top with a little drizzle of soy sauce, or add some peanut sauce for a dressing, and serve!
My recommended soba noodles and tamari sauce are available in the Trial and Eater amazon store!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1095mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.
*There are affiliate links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you.