Reindeer cookies are a peanut butter cookie base with chocolate covered pretzels for antlers. Fun to decorate with the whole family!
These reindeer cookies are very festive cookies for a holiday cookie exchange or party.
You could probably use most any cookie for a base, but you want to make sure the cookie is not too soft. Otherwise the antlers won’t stay in well and also will not transport easily. But if you run into that problem, they are still just as cute sitting on a serving plate! You can try these peanut butter cookies just without the peanut butter cups.
You’ll need chocolate covered pretzels – I made some myself but you can usually find some ready made find some in the grocery store too.
Stick in the pretzels as antlers after the cookies have been out of the oven for a few minutes but while they are still cooling, before the cookie gets too hard.
For the eyes, I used mini chocolate chips, and for the nose I used a peppermint piece (pictured on the right, below) or red icing (left, below).
I’ve also seen people use a red M&M or other candies. Be creative!
These reindeer cookies will be the hit of the party! Plus, anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate is genius in my book.
These reindeer cookies will be a hit at any Christmas party! So adorable and fun to make with kids or the whole family.
- 1 batch Peanut butter cookie dough, (try this recipe without the peanut butter cups)
- 24 Chocolate covered pretzels
- mini chocolate chips, (for the eyes)
- Small piece of peppermint or other tiny red candy, (for the nose)
- Make peanut butter cookies according to the directions for your recipe.
- After they come out of the oven and cool for a minute (but not too long, you don't want them to harden!), place the chocolate covered pretzels on top for antlers. Use the mini chocolate chips as eyes and the peppermint or red candy for the nose. Be creative! So cute you'll want to eat them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.
Thursday 18th of December 2014
These are beyond adorable!
Friday 19th of December 2014
Thanks Natalie! Very fun to make, too :)