Coconut snowball cookies are the perfect festive treat for the holidays, Christmas parties and gifts or care packges. Only 4 ingredients needed!
Last weekend, I went on a bit of Christmas cookie baking spree.
Surprisingly, not all of them included chocolate (!) but I will admit that I’m tempted to make a version of these with some.
Since we hardly ever get snow around where I live, these coconut snowball cookies might be about as close as I’ll get to snow this year.
Of all the holiday cookies I made this day, these were by far the easiest. One bowl, throw all ingredients together and roll into balls.
You can add powdered sugar before and/or after baking. I chose to do both, for visual effect. The sugar added before baking doesn’t show up as much after they come out of the oven, so it depends on how “snowy” you’d like them to look.
One year when I was in high school, I thought it would be a good idea to give everybody cookie bags for gifts. Great idea in theory, but I ended up choosing time consuming and complicated cookie recipes. I think I made 9 different kinds, spend hours upon hours baking and decorating. And I’m sure all my friends ate their cookies in 2.5 minutes.
I do love my cookie baking sprees, but about halfway through I realized my plan was probably too ambitious. If only I had this coconut snowball cookie recipe then, I could have saved myself some major time.
These were a great hit in my cookie bags I brought to work. I think you should go make some (s)now!
Coconut snowball cookies are the perfect festive treat for the holidays, Christmas parties and gifts. Only 4 ingredients needed!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, (2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, , plus more for dusting
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Gradually add in flour until incorporated. Mix in coconut flakes.
- Roll into small balls with your hands (will make 2 dozen). Dust with powdered sugar before putting into the oven.
- Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes. Dust with more powdered sugar as desired as soon as cookies are out of the oven (before cookies are cooled).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.
Saturday 17th of September 2016
What is a stick of butter ?
Tuesday 20th of September 2016
1 stick of butter is 1/2 cup