Fluffernutter Cereal Snack Bars – make these delicious treats with gluten-free Cheerios and Chex – peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and optional chocolate. The perfect summertime snack.
If you’ve never heard of a fluffernutter, it’s marshmallow fluff + peanut butter together in a sandwich.
You either think it sounds really weird or really delicious. But as long as you like both ingredients then you’ll love them together. (P.S. If you’re new here, this isn’t the first time I’ve recommended unusual sandwiches.)
I have fond memories of fluffernutters from childhood summers!
I ended up using the Cheerios and Corn Chex as the base, but you can get creative with your cereals!
Since I always like to give the option to add more chocolate into your life, you can also throw in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the mix.
Just melt the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and a little butter in the microwave.
And pour over the cereal.
Then just let it cool/harden and it’s ready to eat!
I should maybe be calling these “snack balls” instead of “snack bars” because that seemed to be how mine ended up after it cooled. In case you’re wondering what the chocolate version looks like (you can either replace it for the peanut butter or just add an extra 1/2 cup of chips), here it is.
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, (smooth)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a large mixing bowl add the Chex and Cheerios cereal.
- In a small bowl, add the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and butter. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, mixing in between until combined.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir until covered. Press mixture into a pan or on wax paper to let cool. After cooled, cut into bars or break into small snack pieces.
*Option to add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the marshmallow mixture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.
$15 PayPal Giveaway