Peach Jalapeno Honey Baked Brie – a delicious party appetizer or game time food. Dip with your favorite crackers or veggies!
There have been over 100 recipes since the last baked brie recipe I shared with you, so we’re about due for another.
This time there is no pastry dough wrapped around the cheese, which makes it easier for dipping!
My favorite way to enjoy baked brie is with fruit preserves. That’s probably because that’s the first way I ever tried it and immediately fell in love with it.
So I was attempting to make a peach-jalapeno jam of sorts, but it turned into more of a salsa. If you add maybe 4 times the sugar, you’ll be able to gel it enough to call it preserves!
But since the main event is really the cheese, I’m saving my calories for that instead of the sugar.
If you don’t like spicy, make sure to remove the seeds and rind from the jalapeno first.
Or if you do like it spicy, feel free to add more jalapeno. 🙂
In the pictures I actually used a smaller brie round (4 oz instead of 8 oz) so you can use two smaller rounds instead of 1 bigger one if you’d prefer.
As long as you’re adding the peaches right when they’re done cooking, they will still be hot so I added mine after the brie was baked. But you can add the peaches on the brie before baking if you’d prefer.
Multigrain crackers work weirdly well with this sweet and spicy combo!
Don’t you just love that cheese volcano once you cut into it?
- 1 lb. fresh peaches (about 3 peaches), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 oz. brie cheese wheel
- 1 tablespoon honey (more for drizzling as desired)
- In a stove pot, add peeled peaches, jalapeno, sugar and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes until the peaches begin to break down. Use a potato masher or fork to break up the larger pieces.
- Meanwhile, add the brie to a cast iron pan or cookie sheet and drizzle with honey. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Add peach mixture on top of brie, drizzling with more honey if desired. Serve with crackers or cut up veggies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information is calculated automatically by an online tool at Nutritionix. It is not always accurate. Please use your own tools to check if you rely on this information.