Honey and cinnamon roasted almonds are an easy healthy snack to make from plain almonds. Top them on salads, cheese balls, or eat them on their own!
I bought a bag of plain whole almonds from Trader Joe’s recently for a cheese ball recipe test.
I wasn’t super thrilled with the unsalted, normal version so I decided to mix it up a bit by roasting it with some cinnamon!
Honey was a last minute decision since the cheese ball also had honey in it, and I was going for a sweeter flavor. But if you’re vegan, substitute maple syrup or sugar, or leave it out all together.
Similar to my honey roasted pecans, this is a super simple recipe. All you need is the almonds, extra virgin olive oil, honey, cinnamon and salt (unless your almonds are already salted).
If you’re using honey, EVEN BETTER to use manuka honey! If you haven’t heard of it before, it comes from bees that pollinate a specific kind of bush (the manuka bush). Honey has healing properties already, but manuka honey is extra potent.
Specifically, it has methylglyoxal (MG), which is found in all honey, but in much higher quantities in manuka. You’ll usually see a number on manuka honey bottles, (10x, 22x, etc.) and this is what it is referring to. It is great to use for its antibiotic properties.
You can go the long route – low temperature for a longer time (225 degrees F for 45 minutes to an hour) or the shorter route (350 degrees for about 10 minutes) or an even quicker route – the stove top version, which takes only a handful of minutes.
Either way you just need to watch for burning and be aware the times can vary depending on your oven or stovetop.
N0w lets make some cinnamon honey almonds!
- 2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients and stir together until almonds are coated.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet so almonds are in one layer and not on top of each other.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, until almonds are toasted and fragrant.
- Let cool slightly and serve or store in container with lid in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
If your honey is hardened, melt in microwave or on stovetop with a 1/2 tablespoon of water until liquid.
- Almond Lane | Whole Raw Almonds | California Grown | All Natural & Non-GMO | Steam Pasteurized (1 Bag)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.