Jalapeno Popper Dip. With only a handful of ingredients you get a delicious hot cream cheese appetizer ready for parties!
I’m a sucker for both spicy foods and cream cheese dips, so it’s no surprise I’ve combined the two!
This could really be a cheese ball as well if you didn’t want to bake it. But we all know jalapeno poppers are best when baked.
And it couldn’t be simpler! Mix only 5 ingredients plus add a couple tablespoons of bread crumb for a topping and you have yourself a shareable appetizer.
Or maybe Tuesday night dinner, no judgment here.
And since we know there are some cilantro haters out there, you can use parsley instead!
But fresh herb either way is important.
I always like to add a couple minutes under the broiler at the end of baking to get a nice browned topping from the bread crumbs.
But as always, if you choose to broil be sure to watch it! It can turn from “not done yet” to “my smoke detector is going off” real quick.
That browning effect will work even better if you mix the bread crumbs with a tad bit of butter, but that felt like overkill for me.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, , softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno, (1/2 cup - 3/4 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, (or parsley)
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, (I used panko)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeno and green onion. Spread in 8x8 baking dish or 10 inch cast iron pan and top with fresh cilantro and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey. Option to turn on broiler for last couple minutes to brown the bread crumbs (but keep an eye on it!)
- Serve hot with crackers or veggies.
- Option to stir-fry the chopped jalapeno first for a little added heat!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 194 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 392mg Carbohydrates: 9g Sugar: 4g Protein: 8g
Recommended and useful items for this jalapeno popper dip recipe:
The cast iron pan used and panko bread crumbs can be found in the Trial and Eater amazon store!