Blackberry Ricotta Toast with honey drizzle. Makes for a great breakfast, midday snack, or even a berry dessert!
Do you have leftover ricotta cheese in your fridge? (Maybe from some ziti you made for the fam?) Use it up on some toast!
This is a unique and delicious way to use up that ricotta and enjoy the blackberries you have (or really any berries you like).
Ricotta toast seems like one of those things I should have known about already, but somehow this was my first time trying it out. Where have you been all my life?
In case you are just now learning about ricotta toast too, I wanted to share the “recipe!” As much as you can call toast a recipe, anyway.
You could even use berry jam on the ricotta toast if you don’t have fresh berries on hand! The honey drizzle is optional but highly recommended.
I also sprinkled on some fresh rosemary for some garnish since I was playing with flowers too, which is a great option to add a pop of green if you are making these for a brunch spread. All of those flavors are absolutely delicious together, but choose what works for you – toast is supposed to be simple!
Use gluten-free bread to keep it gluten-free
What do you think – is ricotta toast the next avocado toast?
- 2 slices of the bread of your choice
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese, or as desired
- a handful of blackberries, halved
- honey, for drizzling
- rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Toast the bread to your desired level of brown. Spread the ricotta cheese over the bread, top with the berries. Drizzle with honey and rosemary if using. Enjoy!
- Native Honey Sticks (100 Pack) | Real, Uncut, Pure, Unfiltered, Natural, American Honey Straws | 100% Local, U.S. Grade A Original Clover Honey Stix | Great for Tea, Kids Snacks, Travels and Gifts
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.