Sheet Pan Squash and Mushroom Tacos
Sheet Pan Butternut Squash and Mushroom Tacos! Ready in under 30 minutes - vegan, easy, healthy, and great for meal prep.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped baby bella mushrooms (8 oz)
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped tomatillos , with husks removed
- 8 corn tortillas (or flour tortillas)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 jalapeno , thinly sliced
- lime wedges , for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl, place the butternut squash, mushrooms, black beans and onion and add in oil. Sprinkle the spices in and toss to coat.
Spread mixture out on a baking sheet, top with sea salt and add tomatillos in one corner of baking sheet.
Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
Fill tortillas with squash mixture, then top with tomatillos, shredded cabbage, and jalapeno slices. Serve warm with lime!
Recipe adapted from Vegan Yack Attack on the Go, with permission.
- Make sure the butternut squash is diced, not cubed! This allows for faster cook time. 2 cups is roughly a 12 oz. bag of cubed squash diced into smaller pieces.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 1059mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7780IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3.8mg