Zucchini Spinach Frittata with Mini Heirloom Tomatoes
Zucchini Spinach Frittata with Mini Heirloom Tomatoes. Quick and easy meal to whip up for brunch or breakfast for dinner!
Prep Time 13 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion , chopped
- 1 large zucchini , chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bell pepper (or a few baby bell peppers), your choice of color - I used red and orange minis
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves ,packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- large handful of mini heirloom tomatoes (cherry tomatoes will work too)
- salt and pepper , to taste
- sprinkle of nutmeg (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Meanwhile, in an 8 inch cast iron skillet (or similar), heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes until onion is translucent.
Add chopped zucchini, bell pepper, oregano and thyme and saute for an additional 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Carefully mix in spinach to vegetables with a spatula while it cooks down. Should only take a minute or so for spinach to cook.
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add to vegetable mixture in skillet, and cook on stove for 5 minutes.
Top with tomatoes, salt and pepper, and cheese and bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes until egg is cooked and cheese is melted. Option to turn on high broiler for 2-3 minutes at end to pop the tomatoes and brown the cheese.
Sprinkle with nutmeg to finish (optional) and serve!
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 200mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2915IU | Vitamin C: 58.3mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1.9mg