Zucchini Pasta Casserole
Zucchini Pasta Casserole with thyme. A super easy and healthy casserole that is easily gluten-free. With few ingredients (7 ingredients or less), dinner will be on the table in no time!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 lb. brown rice fusilli gluten-free pasta (or other pasta of your choosing)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 1 small white onion , diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb. zucchini , chopped into rounds
- 3 cups marinara sauce (24 oz. jar)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large pot, boil water. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes (or according to package instructions). Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Once hot, add the onion and thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
Add zucchini rounds to the onion mixture and cook for 7-8 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat.
In a casserole pan (9x13 or larger), place cooked pasta and spread to an even layer. Pour marinara sauce over pasta, top with cooked zucchini mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 1.4mg