One Pot Spinach and Mushroom Bowtie Pasta
One Pot Spinach and Mushroom Bowtie Pasta. Vegan meal ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 255 kcal
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms (about 2.5 cups), sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 oz. fresh baby spinach (can use more if desired, spinach cooks down a lot!)
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water (additional)
- 1 tablespoon thyme or italian seasoning
- olive oil optional
- salt to taste
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and stir until softened for a few minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of water and the spinach and stir until cooked down, about 5 minutes.
Add pasta, diced tomatoes, and remaining water. Let boil until pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat, drizzle with olive oil if using. Add seasoning and salt to taste.