Lemon blueberry cookies – fresh blueberries and a light lemon flavor in a cookie that tastes like a muffin top!
It appears I may have a bit of a blueberry obsession. First there was blueberry banana bread. I washed that down with some blueberry mint lemonade. And way back when, there was the berry berry cinnamon swirl delight that kicked off the season. If you like blueberries as much as I do, you should totally try these cookies. They use just a little bit of lemon juice (no rind) and loads of fresh berries. Oh, and the texture is just like muffin tops!
I didn’t set out to make muffin tops, but it was a happy surprise. Some people buy special pans to create the fluffy tops without the whole muffin, but these cookies end up tasting that way without it. Top of the muffin to you! (Any Seinfeld fans out there?)
Summer is winding down here, and I’m going to miss all these fresh blueberries I’ve had in my kitchen. Better make some of these while you still can!
What was your favorite blueberry recipe you made this summer? If you end up making these lemon blueberry cookies, I totally wanna hear about it! Comment below or see below the recipe for ways to share with me.
Lemon blueberry cookies - fresh blueberries and a light lemon flavor in a cookie that tastes like a muffin top!
10 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Gently stir or fold in the fresh blueberries to the cookie dough.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to place balls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
Let me know what you think of these cookies! Here’s where you can find me:
- On instagram – use #trialandeater
- On twitter – use #trialandeater
- On facebook – tag me @trialandeater
- On pinterest – tag me @trialandeater and I’ll share it on my community board!
If you like this recipe, sign up for email updates so you never miss a post!