Lemon blueberry cookies – fresh blueberries and a light lemon flavor in a cookie that tastes like a muffin top!
It appears I may have a bit of a blueberry obsession.
I have always wanted to go somewhere to pick my own blueberries, but I might eat all of them before I could pay. Instead I just buy the huge containers of them when they are in season and eat them in everything, including dessert.
If you like blueberries as much as I do, you should totally try these cookies. They use just a little bit of lemon juice (no rind) and loads of fresh berries.
Oh, and the texture is just like muffin tops!
I did not set out to make muffin tops, but it was a happy surprise.
Some people buy special pans to create the fluffy tops without the whole muffin, but these cookies end up tasting that way without it.
Top of the muffin to you! (Any Seinfeld fans out there to tell me if I used the reference correctly?)
Summer is winding down here, and I’m going to miss all these fresh blueberries I’ve had in my kitchen. Better make some of these while you still can!
What was your favorite blueberry recipe you made this summer?
Recommended and useful items for this lemon blueberry cookie recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Gently stir or fold in the fresh blueberries to the cookie dough.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to place balls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
If you end up making these lemon blueberry cookies, I totally wanna hear about it! Comment below or find me on social media (@trialandeater).
*There are links within this post that we can earn a commission on at no extra cost to you (known as affiliate links). Thank you for helping to support the site!